Bread Baking Babes
What the heck are the Bread Baking Babes you might ask. I’ll tell you:
The Babes are the most gorgeous group of ladies scattered all over the planet who share one (among lots of others) great passion: baking bread.
What could be more fun than bake bread together in a group and talk about it. Choose a recipe once a month and see how it turns out in different kitchens situated in different countries, dealing with different measuring units and most important: different flour qualities?
I am only a “Baby” Babe at the moment, joined the group 2 months ago but I have learned so much already and had so many funny and helpful discussions with my fellow Babes – countless, priceless lessons I got.
The Bread Baking Babes is a closed group of about a dozen of active members and we like it to keep it small and simple. So you can’t decide to be a Babe, you need to be invited. Every now and then the group does this – have faith if you are longing to join – one day they might choose you!
We love to bake bread and share our experiences while doing so. Even tho the group is closed we are happy if you’d decide to be part of the whole fun and join us as a Bread Baking Buddy.
What’s this Buddy thing all about?
Every month one of us serves as the kitchen of the month, gathering all other Babes around her kitchen table and chooses the bread we will bake.
Every 16th of a month we all post about the month’s bread and the kitchen of the month invites everyone to join and bake the bread with us. If you decide so you will have until the 29th of every month to bake and post about it. Then simply tell the kitchen of the month that you did and send a link to your post.
The kitchen of the month Babe will then do a roundup with all the Buddies that baked with us and you will even earn a nice Buddy Badge to show on your blog as a little Thank You for baking with us!
*** *** *** * *** *** ***
These are the splendid Bread Baking Babes and their blogs:
Bake My Day – Karen | blog from OUR kitchen – Elizabeth | Canela and Comino – Gretchen (Babe on Hiatus) | Cookie Baker Lynn – Lynn | Feeding my enthusiasms – Pat | Grain Doe – Gorel | I Like To Cook – Sara | Living in the Kitchen with Puppies – Natashya | Living on bread and water – Monique (Babe on Hiatus) | Lucullian Delights – Ilva | My Kitchen In Half Cups – Tanna | Notitie Van Lien – Lien | Paulchens FoodBlog?! – Astrid | The Sour Dough – Breadchick Mary | Thyme For Cooking – Katie (Babe on Hiatus) | Wild Yeast – Susan
*** *** *** * *** *** ***
These are the Breads we have baked so far:
- Holiday Apple Kuchen Muffins... (January 5, 2013)
- Russian Rose (October 16, 2012)
- Oatmeal Twists (June 16, 2012)
- Shepherd's Bread by Beth Henspergerb (May 20, 2012)
- Swedish Rye Bread (March 16, 2012)
- Biscotti Piccanti (Sicilian Spicy Rusks) (February 16, 2012)
- Cuban Bread (January 23, 2012)
- Stollen - The BBB Way... (December 16, 2011)
- Streusel Potato Cake (Kartoffel Kuchen) (November 16, 2011)
- Fougasse (October 16, 2011)
- Soft Pretzels (October 2, 2011)
- Bread Baking Buddies August - The Round Up (September 12, 2011)
- Vienna Bread & Kaiser Rolls (August 16, 2011)
- Burger Buns (July 16, 2011)
- Irish White Soda Bread with Herbs (June 16, 2011)
- Stromboli (May 16, 2011)
- Dan Lepard's Garlic Breath ... um Bread (April 16, 2011)
- Rewena Paraoa (March 16, 2011)
- Happy Anniversary Bread Baking Babes! *woohoo* (March 1, 2011)
- Hildegard's Spelt Bread (January 16, 2011)
- TARALLI PUGLIESI (December 16, 2010)
- Broa - Portuguese Corn Bread (October 20, 2010)
- Brunkans långa (September 16, 2010)
- Sweet Portuguese Bread (August 16, 2010)
- Potato Bread with Chives (August 9, 2010)
- Yeasted Sprouted Wheat Bread (July 16, 2010)
- Korni (July 4, 2010)
- Very bad Bread Baking Buddy, sorry BBB's! (March 30, 2010)
- Naan (January 25, 2010)
- Viennese Striezel (December 23, 2009)
- Brioche Mousseline (November 24, 2009)
- I baked me sum Bab(i)es ... Tanta Wawa (November 6, 2009)
- Chinese Flower Steam Buns (November 2, 2009)
- Russian Black Bread (September 17, 2009)
- Sukkar bi Tahin - Beirut Tahini Swirls (July 30, 2009)
- Asparagus Bread (June 18, 2009)
- Italian Knot Bread (May 25, 2009)
- Authentic Ethiopian Injera (May 14, 2009)
- Coccodi... Coccoda... Coccodrillo lalala (March 29, 2009)
- Pane Francese (March 24, 2009)
- Royal Crown's Tortano (March 12, 2009)
- Sullivan Street Potato Pizza (March 11, 2009)
- Five-Grain Bread with Walnuts (February 24, 2009)
- Croissants ala BBB (January 25, 2009)
- Yule Wreath (December 30, 2008)
- Rosendals knäckebröd (November 22, 2008)
- How do you spell catastrophe? I spell it: C-H-A-L-L-A! (October 25, 2008)
- Sûkerbôlle - Sugarbread (October 9, 2008)
- COUNTRY-STYLE WHOLE-WHEAT PITA (September 7, 2008)
- Dark Onion Rye (June 28, 2008)
- Poilane-Style Miche (May 27, 2008)