[Weekend Herb Blogging] – Recap *update*
Yes, Weekend Herb Blogging is hosted here this week.
‘though I did not participate in WHB since – uuuhm August – due to some private issuses which cut down my cooking to a very minimum I am very proud to do the round up of the very last WHB of 2007!
I do hope you will enjoy all the delicious entries as much as I did when I read through them while they where coming in!
I promise to go back to a regular cooking and blogging schedule and participation to WHB as soon as I am settled in my new apartment (and my new kitchen wooohooo!!!) and got my internet connection back!
Please check back on Monday or Tuesday evening for a complete round up of all the yummy WHB entries!
I am sorry, it took me a bit longer to do the recap for WHB but now I got it! *smile*
Let’s start our journey ’round the world of yummy, delicious dishes. Mmmmmmmh!
- Patricia of Technicolor Kitchen made Spaghetti with basil, smoked ricotta and roast bell pepper. It not only look yummy, it’s also recommended as a very quick dish to make if you are in a hurry!
- I do love Cranberry very much, so I was very interested in Katie‘s Ginger Cranberry Sauce over at Thyme for Cooking.
- Hmm, I am not very fond of fennel but these italian sausages might even change my mind about that… ;o) Thanks Gay from A scientist in the kitchen.
- Chilled Asparagus with Wasabi Dipping Sauce made by Erin of The Skinny Gourmet… intresting combination, I should try that some time.
- I never really got round to cook with Pomegranate due to the lack of interesting recipes. Thanks to Laurie of Tastes Like Home I now have one: Chicken with Pomegranate-Wine Sauce
- Chicken stock is soul food, isn’t it? Or at least it is the base of many soul food dishes… This one made by Elizabeth of blog from OUR kitchen is double delicious!
- Speaking of chicken soup… Kalyn of Kalyn’s Kitchen herself made a wonderful South Beach Diet Friendly Chicken Noodle Soup with Thyme this week. Ooooh I might drool now… *blush*
- Who says you can’t have salad in winter? See this Butter lettuce, persimmon, feta, and hazelnut salad with lots of vitamins and yum in it, made by Emily at Superspark.
- Chutney? Yes but Persimmon Chutney!! Made by Annemarie of Ambrosia and Nektar!
- Closet Cooking with Kevin provides us with yet another perfect pasta: Penne with pumpkin and sage sauce.
- Ruth of Once upon a feast asks What to do with the lovely Swiss Chard? and finds herslef the answer with Leeks, Swiss Chard & Chorizo Sausage Soup. Mmmmh, good choice!
- We [heart] Food is what Lisa and Chris say and they proof it with their Latin Tomato and Mushroom Soup. Another soul food dish if you ask me!
- Apple Roasted Cornish Game Hen with Orange Cranberry Mustard Sauce: This might find itself on my to do list for the Christmas Dinner, thanks to Mike of Mike’s Table!
- Pam of The Backyard Pizzaria shows us her bountiful backyard and cooks Rachael’s Chimichurri Chicken Bites. Love it!
- Gretchen of Canela & Comino whipped up some very delicious looking Shredded Beet Cake – they are lovely, Gretchen!
- Lotus Root? Something new I learned at Susan’s of The Well-Seasoned Cook who made Lotus Root Curry.
- Pam of Sidewalk Shoes made Turkey Enchiladas Adobo. So if you are looking for something to use up your leftover turkey try this one!
- Fresh Now Combo Burritos made by Strata of My Bay Area Kitchen, oh gosh does this look good!
- Chris of Mele Cotte introduces us to Chickpeas & Escarole which was a favorite of her while growing up. I see why!
- Roasted cauliflower maden by Genie of The inadvertent Gardener. Mmmmh I Love cauliflower!
- Anna of Morsels and Musings made provoleta and claims it to be a very unhealthy dish but I bet it’s more than delicious!!
- Jennifer of Like to Cook is talking about Golden Raisins… and makes Clafoutis aux Pruneaux et Raisins Sec.
- Potatoes! Mmmmh another soul food of mine! This one might find it’s way into my kitchen very soon: Baked Stuffed Potato made by Haalo of Cook (almost) everything once.
- Are you in need of something spicy? Come and try Jerry’s Chipotle Meat Loaf at Jerry’s Thoughts, Musings, and Rants!
- Star Anise and Kari Deli with Roti Jala sounds very exotic to me and was made by Pepy of The Art and Science of Food. But it looks like I would like it very much!
I hoe you enjoyed this last WHB for 2007 as much as I did and I’d love to meet you all again in January for the first WHB 2008 hosted by Kalyn herself!